Healing complex trauma
with an integrative ego state therapy
An experiential workshop for trainee and experienced psychotherapists, counsellors and EMDR therapists, facilitated by Mary-Clare de Echevarria
This is the first in a series of workshops on trauma, touching on PTSD and focusing on C-PTSD or complex trauma, otherwise known as attachment or developmental trauma. These workshops offer an overview of trauma and quite detailed content, integrating many different treatment models, and are also very experiential; small groups allow for time for live demonstrations, practice and questions. They are for EMDR therapists who don’t have a background in working with complex trauma, and all those who would like an opportunity to learn how this exciting new material looks and feels in practice.
The content of the weekend includes:
- The neuroscience of attachment and complex trauma, how it develops and how it can be healed
- How to recognise C-PTSD and ego states or dissociated parts of the personality
- The three phases of trauma therapy (which are not linear but cyclic): stabilising and resource development, metabolising traumatic experiences, integrating into life
- Relational psychotherapy: being a real, attuned person for your clients
- Working with the body and the creative imagination to resolve past trauma
More information on the modalities that inform the weekend can be found here.
Further workshops in the series are offered directly to those who have completed the first.
Healing Complex Trauma upcoming dates:
30 November & 1 December 2019, 10.30 – 17. 30 (12 hours’ CPD), The Kailash Centre, 7 Newcourt Street, St John’s Wood, London NW8 7AA
Cost: £290, or £265 early bird discount if paid in full by 1 August 2019
For more information, or to be on the mailing list for future dates, you are welcome to email email@example.com.
To book a place on the workshop, please contact Mary-Clare for bank details. A non-refundable deposit of £130 reserves your place. Early booking is recommended as these weekends sell out very quickly.
Participants must have an ongoing source of support and grounding, eg a regular yoga practice, therapy, peer EMDR support or other forms of self-care.
23 & 24 May 2020, Timisoara, Romania, details to follow
Photos from past events below –
Guest speaker on working with the body at the NLPTCA conference 2019, Manchester, UK –